If approached by a staff member OR prevented from entering/photographing any area of the Hotel, you should:
- Be honest about your visit. Don’t make up an excuse and don’t worry about concealing your mystery shopper identity
- In your own words, you should say “I’m here to conduct a quality assessment regarding the hotel’s adherence to the "Covid-19 Care and Cleanliness Directives”.
- IMPORTANT: All hotel locations are aware of these directives. You will not be penalized and your payment will not be withheld should you need to explain this.
- Present the hotel letterhead to the staff member. This is an official document signed by the Senior Vice President of Franchise Operations. This letter further explains the purpose of your visit.
- IMPORTANT: The staff member may need to alert the manager for approval- this is OK.
- If the staff member who stopped you needs to alert a manager, remain calm and patient, and wait quietly until you are granted permission to continue your audit or to be escorted through the hotel.
- When you have completed the audit, thank the escorting staff member or the staff member who stopped you initially before exiting the premises.